Pat is Chief Executive of ACOSVO, the Association of Chief Officers of Scottish Voluntary Organisations. Pat has led the IIP accredited organisation since 2003 and having worked in the third sector for over 25 years, she has gained experience of both local and national voluntary organisations from a range of thematic areas. Pat has an MBA from Heriot Watt University and has a particular interest in leadership development in the third sector. This interest led her to establish the Leadership Exchange Programme which brings together leaders from across the third and public sectors for peer support, good practice sharing and personal development.
She has two (now grown up) children, is based in Edinburgh but spends part of her time on a croft in Skye and enjoys reading, hill-walking and travelling.
Pat’s other involvements:
- Board member of OSCR (Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator)
- Fellow of the RSA (and was previously Chair of the RSA Scotland Committee)
- Member of the IoD Scotland Committee
- Chair of Scotland’s Third Sector Governance Forum
- Founding member of EUCLID, the European Network of Third Sector Leaders